Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Well...here goes nothing...


Well I promised my Teddy Bear I'd start my blog today (yea...I've been saying it for at least a month now) and so here goes nothing...


I just moved back to college town Saturday and am highly excited to be living on my own. I love my fam but after a little while they start to drive me insane. Being the only daughter and nearly the only female cousin means I have about 60 dads/big brothers and I am perpetually treated like a 10 year old. (I'm sure 10 is an exaggeration...maybe 14). My apartment is CUTE CUTE CUTE and the perfect size cause I don't have money to pay utility bills for a big ass place. (excuse my varied english)


So...my life is continually crazy...and I swear I'm normal - I just tend to attract the wackiest men on God's green Earth (fortunately no psychos). Last night my friend Undercover comes to visit because he "needs to talk". Now, I really try to be a good friend - I got out of my nice, relaxing bubble bath (with a glass of wine) to talk to him. This fool comes over talking about he doesn't know what to expect from me, that he's looking for someone to settle down with and he thinks we need to set boundaries for our friendship because he "knows" there's an attraction there. Now, I am not attracted to him in the least and we've been friends for like 3 years so I was ready to choke on my wine (from stifling laughter). I mean, I've been in town for all of 3 days!!!!! Randomness at its finest. I try to be polite and tell him we're clearly not on the same page and if he feels uncomfortable around me then we should just back off a little bit and try not to interact as much until he felt comfortable again. He tells me, he's been thinking about this for the past TWO MONTHS!! Now, I've been in Washington, D.C. for the past 2 months and we talked all of 5 times total. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?


Needless to say I had to partake in a second glass of wine and sit in bed pondering how I gave him the impression I had a secret crush on him from thousands of miles away.


But I was nice enough to let him borrow one of my books (The DaVinci Code)....oh shit, that means he'll have to come back over to give it back --- he got me...

2 comments:

Bobby_2010 said...

you are truly a mess!!! And you better work on your relationship with the Universe...y'all ain't jiving like ya used to...otherwise...these dudes wouldn't be so crazy!! LOL

The Young Lady said...

I have fallen for that trap too many times. But that's what guys do. They set you up by creating a crush that you mysteriously have on them (whether you know it or not). Then they make it so that you have to be in contact with them one way or another...i.e. your book. They think they are smart but...clearly. lol